PHS 2015-02 Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH, CDC, FDA, and ACF for Small Business Innovation Research Grant Applications (Parent SBIR [R43/R44])
|Incentive Type:||Grant Program|
Health And Safety, Technology, Environmental,
|Governing Body:||National Institutes of Health|
|What’s it worth?:||Not mentioned|
The Omnibus Solicitation of the NIH for Small Business Innovation Research Grant program funds research and development efforts commercializing innovative technologies through collaborative efforts between nonprofit research institutions and small business concerns. This program targets Small Business Research Innovation Phase I, Phase II, Fast-Track, and Phase IIB Competing Renewal grant applications.
Grant awards typically range between $150,000 and $1,000,000 per project and possible 50% increase upon Congress approval. Applicants are encourage to contact the NIH program officials before proposing anything in excess of the guidelines. All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an organized for-profit organization located within the U.S. and operating in the U.S.
- Is in the legal form of an:
– Individual proprietorship
– Limited liability company
– Joint venture
– Trust or cooperative
- Must be less than 50% foreign participation
- Be more than 50% directly owned and controlled by one or more individuals who are U.S. citizens
- SBIR must be more than 50% owned by multiple venture capital operating companies, hedge funds, private equity firms, or any combination of these.
- Be a joint venture
- Does not have more than 500 employees
Application packets may be obtained from the Grants.gov website and must be complete and submitted before the deadline. Applicants must registered with:
- Dun and Bradstreet Universal Number System (DUNS)
- System for Award Management (SAM)
- SBA Company Registry
- eRA Commons
This program does not have any cost sharing requirements. Applications may include a Letter of Intent and must include:
- SF424 Cover
- SF424 Project Performance Site Locations
- SF424 Other Project Information
- SBA Company registry
- SBIR Application Certification
- SF424 Senior/Key Personnel Expanded Profile
- Cover Page Supplement
- Research Plan
Applications must be complete and received before the deadline.