Surplus Agriculture Serving Students
|Incentive Type:||Grant Program|
|Governing Body:||Texas department of agriculture|
|What’s it worth?:||Not mentioned|
The purpose of the Surplus Agriculture Serving Students grant program is to provide low income students and their families with the surplus of agricultural products and offer corresponding educational activities. Eligible applicants include:
- Texas independent school districts
- Texas charter schools
Qualifying agriculture includes:
- Consumable aquatic species
- Livestock product
- Livestock by-product
- Poultry product
- Poultry by-product
- Any consumable product appropriate for human consumption
Selected applicants are fully responsible for the management of the project including monitoring and ensuring statutes and regulations are adhered to. Grantees are required to ensure:
- Funds are used only for approved project activities.
- Fund usage does not violate the grant agreement.
- Reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
Applications must be received prior to the deadline to be considered for participation. Applications may be mailed or emailed to TDA. Applications should include:
- Application Form GTBD-110
- Project Proposal (not to exceed six pages)
Funds may be used for:
- Personnel cost
- Supplies and direct operating expenses
- Indirect expenses not to exceed 10% of direct expenses
- Controlled Assets of less than $5,000
Priority is given to the most relevant and effective applications with the biggest impact. Determination is upon a case-by-case basis by the TDA.