Texans Feeding Texans – Home-Delivered Meal Grant Program
|Incentive Type:||Grant Program|
Food, Health And Safety
|Governing Body:||Texas department of agriculture|
|What’s it worth?:||$0.25 per county senior|
The Home-Delivered Meal Grant Program was developed to provide home-delivered meal programs with the resources necessary for extended operations for seniors and/or disabled Texans. Eligible applicants include both governmental and non-profit agencies.
Qualifying agriculture includes:
- Consumable aquatic species
- Livestock product
- Livestock by-product
- Poultry product
- Poultry by-product
- Any consumable product appropriate for human consumption
Selected applicants are fully responsible for the management of the project including monitoring and ensuring statutes and regulations are adhered to. Grantees are required to ensure:
- Funds are used only for approved project activities.
- Fund usage does not violate the grant agreement.
- Reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
Applications must be received prior to the deadline to be considered for participation. Applications may be mailed or emailed to TDA. Applications should include:
- Application Form GTBD-110
- Meal Number Documentation Worksheet
- TDA approved resolution
- Financial Statements
- Copy of most recent health inspection
- IRS Determination Letter
- List of Board of Directors
Funds may be used for:
- Personnel cost
- Supplies and direct operating expenses
- Indirect expenses not to exceed 10% of direct expenses
- Controlled Assets of less than $5,000
Priority is given to the most relevant and effective applications with the biggest impact. Determination is upon a case-by-case basis by the TDA.