ARIZONA AVAILABLE INCENTIVES

State Credit Name: Research and Development Income Tax Credit

Expiration Date: Permanent
Who Can Apply? Corporations and Flow-Through Entities
Credit Carry Forward: 15 years, but with restrictions based on the tax year the credit was earned.

About the Credit: The 2011 through 2030 R&D tax credit is equal to 24% of the first $2.5 million in qualifying expenses plus 15% of the qualifying expenses in excess of $2.5 million. For 2031 and thereafter, the tax credit rates will be 20% of the first $2.5 million in qualifying expenses plus 11% of the qualifying expenses in excess of $2.5 million.

Notes: The credit is partially refundable beginning in tax year 2011.  The taxpayer may elect to receive 75% of the excess credit refunded and waive the remaining 25% instead of carrying excess credit forward. To be eligible for the refund, the taxpayer must have less than 150 employees, receive a Certificate of Qualification from the Arizona Commerce Authority and have a current year Arizona R&D tax credit that exceeds its current year’s tax liability.

Click here to find out if you are eligible for the federal research credit.


Arizona State Incentives


R&D Tax Credit Training for AZ CPAs

directive for LBI taxpayers

Upcoming Webinar

 

R&D Tax Credit Training for AZ CFPs

bigstock Image of two young businessmen 521093561 300x200

Upcoming Webinar

 

R&D Tax Credit Training for AZ SMBs

water tech

Upcoming Webinar

 


1 2 3
page 1 of 3

Why Swanson Reed

We provide full, hands-on support from start to finish.

Are You Eligible?

Take our eligibility wizard to find out if you qualify for a tax credit.

Calculate Your Benefit

Use our quick calculator to determine your R&D tax credit benefit.

Know Your Deadline

 Never miss a deadline again with our R&D Tax Credit filing deadline calculator.

For Accountants

 Take advantage of our extensive database of videos, case law and recent news.

Industry Case Studies

 Find out the qualifying R&D activities specific to your industry.

Contact Us


Contact your local Swanson Reed office to speak with a representative in your area today. 

3104 E Camelback Rd
Suite #2058
Phoenix, AZ85016

T: (480) 696-8863

F: (512) 256-8157