How to Claim the R&D Tax Credit for the Manufacturing Industry
Not surprisingly, 60 percent of small-business owners say administrative burdens, like paperwork and confusing rules, are the worst part of filing — even more so than the financial cost of taxes, according to a recent survey by the National Small Business Association.
Nonetheless, there are many tax options available that may reduce the taxes you and your business owe — possibly by thousands of dollars. In particular, the R&D Tax Credit is a frequently overlooked tax benefit, with companies often mistakenly believing they don’t qualify. The government lets you deduct the costs of research and experimentation to develop or improve a product, formula, invention, process or technique.
To expand on this, Swanson Reed is hosting a free webinar the benefits of the R&D tax credit for those in the manufacturing industry. In this webinar, Swanson Reed has teamed up with Capstan Tax Strategies to provide free live global seminar on June 22, 2016, at 1:00pm – 2:00pm CDT to cover tips and tools for claiming the R&D tax credit in the manufacturing sector.
Tune into the free webinar tomorrow to learn:
- An overview of the R&D Tax Credit;
- R&D activies as they apply to the manufacturing industry;
- Manufacturing case studies; and
- The basics of cost segregation for the manufacturing sector.
The structure of the day is as follows:
- 1:00pm – 1:25pm CDT – R&D Tax Incentives for the Manufacturing Industry
- Presenter: Cherie Jones, Tax Director – Swanson Reed
- 1:25pm – 1:50pm CDT – Cost Segregation for the Manufacturing Industry
- Presenter: Terri Johnson, Managing Partner at Capstan Tax Strategies
- 1:50pm – 2:00pm CDT – Interactive Q&A Session
*This webinar has now been, to watch this webinar online see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqw6sUXZhPg