Medical Appointment Booking Software Wins Big at Kansas City Pure Pitch Rally
Kansas-based software company SureShow was the top prize winner at the fifth annual Pure Pitch Rally. The startup develops software solutions that allow medical practices to take online bookings in the event of no-shows. It took home $20,500 + $5,000 Technology Blueprint Award from Artisan Technology Group.
SureShow’s application allows online patients to be put in a queue, so when a clinic has a last minute cancellation, the physician can perform a virtual consultation (via computer or mobile app). With 25% of appointments resulting in a no-show, this system helps practices meet their full earning potential, and gives patients more access to the care they need. It integrates with clinics’ existing software, and is HIPAA compliant.
The company was one of eight tech startups that was invited to pitch and compete for funding at the Pure Pitch Rally, this year with a livestream audience. Each entrepreneur presented their ideas/company to ‘land sharks’, aka 88 CEOs and VIPs in the tech industry.
As well as SureShow, the eight startups included:
- PMI Rate Pro, a startup that provides fast quotes for private mortgage insurance, which won $24,000.
- Relay Trade Solutions, a company that connects all supply chain stakeholders for faster ordering, shipping and process, which won $10,000.
- AgButler, a gig economy platform that provides job solutions to farmers and agricultural businesses, which won $9,000 + $3,000 People’s Choice Award funded by Lockton.
- Air Traffic Awareness, an application to improve situational awareness for in-flight safety, which won $5,000.
- Booth Browser, a mobile application company that helps vendors manage inventory and streamline transactions, which won $5,000.
- NORDEF (AWA Technology), which streamlines processes in the automotive fluid industry, which won $5,000.
- Plasmonic Diagnostics, a medical technology startup making diagnosing diseases faster and easier, which won $5,000.
Are you developing new tech? Did you know your R&D experiments could be eligible for the R&D Tax Credit and you can receive up to 14% back on your expenses? To find out more, please contact a Swanson Reed R&D Specialist today or check out our free online eligibility test.
Who We Are:
Swanson Reed is one of the U.S.’ largest Specialist R&D tax advisory firms. We manage all facets of the R&D tax credit program, from claim preparation and audit compliance to claim disputes.
Swanson Reed regularly hosts free webinars and provides free IRS CE and CPE credits for CPA’s. For more information please visit us at www.swansonreed.com/webinars or contact your usual Swanson Reed representative.